Let your past be your education not your definition. You cannot focus on what is behind and make moves ahead. Your fixation on your past failures, past accomplishments, individuals that left you, jobs you did not get, an ex that broke your heart and all the less than perfect things that has happened in your past is hurting your chances of embracing a glorious destiny.
I think it’s pretty obvious you cannot drive looking in your rear view mirror. So, he left you, you lost the job, you flunked the test, you had a baby out of wedlock, you had an abortion, failed your certification exam, didn’t get the promotion, you are not married, you are married but you do not have a child…can you move on, you have your whole life ahead of you.
Bil Keane said “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
It was Mother Teresa who said “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
Do not let your future pay for your past, I have seen some ladies destroy a good man because of a bad experience with a wounded man from their past.
Facts about the Past
- You cannot change the past. Reinhold Niebuhr said “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- The past was an event not a destination. So your past happened, no one says you need to build a castle and make that your final bus stop.
- Experience is not the best teacher. Spencer Kimball said “He who cannot learn by others’ mistakes is stupid. He who cannot learn by his own errors is a fool.” John Maxwell said “Experience is not the best teacher; evaluated experience is the best teacher. Reflective thinking is needed to turn experience into insight.” If you do learn from your own errors pick yourself up and move on you are foolish.
- Life is too short to waste today sulking over yesterday. Jackson Brown Jr – “the best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today”.
- The past is but a memory. Khalil Gibran said “Yesterday is but today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream.”
If you are too busy spending your time analyzing what you have missed out off, you will not have enough time to pursue what you need to be enjoying.
Let your dreams inspire you, learn from whatever has scarred, make rubble of your past experiences, stand on them and let them lift you out of any pit.
Today is your day and no one or nothing is going to stop you. It would not be your past, not your past failures, not your past disappointments that will stop. If you stop it will be because you refused to let go of your past and pace into your glorious future. It’s up to you to pick yourself up, get out and fight for your dreams, fight for your future. It’s possible embrace your future, you are stronger than your past, leave your past behind.
Commit to a daily routine to grow your mind.
That’s G.Y.M for today and I trust that you are charged up and obsessed with a burning desire to succeed. Ordinary is a misnomer for you.
Plan, Act and Pursue your dream.
Twitter Handle: @oreziemeotu
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/thegymnetwork/