Nature they say is neutral and success is predictable. Can success be engineered? Is there a syntax and a code to succeeding? If there is why isn’t every one successful, if we all were meant to be kings them who has taken our kingdoms. Who built the class system into society, who apportioned affluence and wealth, are there gate keepers to the treasures of life? Have some men found good fortune, stumbled on the goddess of good luck where she blessed them with treasures beyond their wildest imaginations.
If this were true you would have an excuse for being less, but a careful observation of successful people show that what they all have in common isn’t the color of their skin, neither is it their geographical location, nor is it the fact that they speak the same language, they are not all fat or thin, tall or short meaning their physical attributes isn’t the secret. Then what is?
Let’s talk a bit about why people fail, John Maxwell outlines the following reasons
1. Many people do not feel the need to succeed – no passion, no desire
2. People are afraid of success – it’s hard being on top they think, its lonely, you are alone in the spot light why not hang with everyone else
3. They are suspicious of success – it’s amazing how most people think that successful people can’t be godly, they assume they all have sold their souls to the devil
But the principles that make for success have not changed, like the law of cause and effect, certain activities, actions, communication, habits and commitment creates a life of success.
Maxwell defined success as choosing to enter into the arena of action, determined to give yourself to that cause which will better mankind and last for eternity.
Remember there are people counting on you to succeed, some you know now others you don’t.
Anthony Robbins outlined the following as essential to success, not exhaustive but very necessary
1. Know your outcome – you need a target, you can’t hit one if you don’t have one. What do you want?
Eric Thomas asked this so passionately “what do you want in your marriage, what you want with your son and your daughter, what do you want in health, what do you want financially, how much money do you want to make a year, what do you want to drive, how do you want to live, stop just waking up like an accident, what do you want? And then when you find out what you want spend the rest of natural life going after it.”
2. Take action – you must take the types of action you believe will create the greatest probability of producing the results you desire. Engage in consistent action. So I ask are you a goal grinder or a life grinder.
3. Develop the ability to recognize quickly if the results you are getting from your actions are taking you closer or further away from achieving your goal. Be a student of history, learn to spot patterns, and learn to spot trends. Some go where the sun is rising but successful people know where the sun is setting and they wait for it.
4. Develop the flexibility to change your behavior until you get what you want. Insanity someone defined as doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result. You might want to check what you’ve been doing.
Finally, Andy Murray had been playing great tennis but without a grand slam title, then he hired former world number one Ivan Lendl as coach and now his won 3 grand slams and an Olympic gold medal, who says there is no syntax to success.
Be deliberate my friends, continually upgrade your mind and find new ways to win.
Commit to a daily routine to grow your mind.
That’s G.Y.M for today and I trust that you are charged up and obsessed with a burning desire to succeed. Ordinary is a misnomer for you.
Plan, Act and Pursue your dream.
Twiiter Handle: @oreziemeotu
Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/thegymnetwork/